- បានបង្កើតនា ច័ន្ទ, 15 កក្កដា 2013 07:28
- កែចុងក្រោយនៅ ច័ន្ទ, 15 កក្កដា 2013 07:50
Nation Religion King
National Committee for Sub–National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Job Advertisement - Short Term Consultancy
“Development of Gender Responsive Budgeting Policy” (Extension)
Based on the Organic Law on Administrative Management of the Capital, Provinces, Districts, Municipalities and Khans, adopted in May 2008, the ten-year National Program for Sub-National Democratic Development (NP-SNDD) and its first three-year Implementation Plan (IP3) – 2011-2013 – have been approved by the Royal Government. The purpose of the NP-SNDD and the IP3 are two-fold: to develop accountable, sub-national democratic institutions with effective administrations and to promote improved sub-national development for the benefit of the Cambodian population.
The National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development (NCDD) is mandated as the overall program authority and through its Secretariat (NCDDS) is responsible for policy formulation and program coordination. Implementation of the National Program is assigned to seven national institutions, six each with their own sub-program, including the NCDDS; the Ministries of Interior, Economy and Finance, and Planning; the State Secretariat for Civil Service; and the National League of Council Associations, and one with a cross-cutting mandate (Ministry of Women’s Affairs - MoWA).
To support the capacity development and transfer of skills to the various national institutions and sub-national administrations, the NCDD Secretariat is seeking a qualified short term consultant to develop gender responsive budgeting policy for SNA level for Sub-Program 4 –Ministry of Economy and Finance in coordination with technical support from MoWA and NCDDS for the period of 20 working days over the period of three months (August-October 2013).
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
· Master degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Economics or other relevant field
· Good knowledge of Gender and Development as opposed to Women in Development Approach
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience in Gender Responsive Budgeting
· Experience in working with government agencies at national and sub-national level
· Good and up-to-date knowledge about the democratic decentralization reform processes in Cambodia, about RGC’s gender polices and legal framework would be an asset
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Available in Cambodia during the duration of the assignment
Interested individuals must provide updated CVs and information on their qualifications and experience and must demonstrate how they are qualified to provide the required services along with the name of at least three (3) referees with their contact information. Short-listed candidates may be called for interview. Before you apply, please refer to the Terms of Reference for the above brief outline of required services that is available from the NCDD Website: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement.
The closing date/time is 17:00 hours, July 29, 2013
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.