Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Consulting Services for Standard Management Training and Technical Skill Mentoring Package to the Livelihood Improvement Groups (LIGs)
- បានបង្កើតនា សុក្រ, 12 កក្កដា 2013 11:13
- កែចុងក្រោយនៅ សុក្រ, 12 កក្កដា 2013 11:22
National Committee for Sub National
Democratic Development Secretariat
Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction and Smallholder
Development Project (TSSD)
ADB Loan/Grant No.2599/0186-CAM (SF)
IFAD Loan/Grant No. 8243/0192
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Consulting Services for Standard Management Training and
Technical Skill Mentoring Package to the Livelihood Improvement Groups (LIGs)
1. The Royal Government of Cambodia has received a Loan/grant from the Asian Development Bank, Loan and Grant from the IFAD, and Grant from the Government of Finland for the Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction and Smallholder Development Project (TSSD).
The TSSD will (i) support higher agricultural productivity through the development and upgrading of rural infrastructure based onthe investments determined by the Commune Investment Projects, (ii) increase the availability of rural financial services, (iii) strengthen the capacity of the communes, district and provincial service delivery institutions and agencies for farm-based research and
demonstration, (iv) increase access to agriculture information and market data, (v) support the development of key policies and associated regulations to improve agricultural productivity by smallholder farmers and (vi) support project management by strengthening the capacities of the Project Executing Agencies and the Implementing Agencies through the provision of necessary resources. The outcome of the Project shall be increased agricultural productivity and improved access to markets within the Project area.
2. The National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) are joint Executing Agencies (EAs) for the Project. The NCDDS is the Implementing Agency (IA) for Component
1 - Commune Development through Block Grants.
3. The duration of the assignment is 3 years but the assignment must in any case be completed no later than the end of the quarter 2 of 2017. The task of developing and delivering a standard management training and technical skill mentoring package will support at least 1,239 Livelihood Improvement Groups (of up to 25 members per LIG) from 196 communes, located in 28 districts across the four provinces of Kampong Cham, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap and Banteay Meanchey. The development and delivering of standard management training and technical skill mentoring package will covers the main topics or activities as follows:
(i) Prepare and finalize the LIG Operation Manual to a standard acceptable to NCDDS prior to commencement of the training and mentoring program.
(ii) Adoption and implementation of the LIG’s rules and regulations.
(iii) Financial management and accounting.
(iv) Identifying suitable opportunities to invest the household loan which will be provided from the Group Revolving Fund (GRF).
(v) Development of individual group member business plans and identifying complementary training needs.
(vi) Work with the Commune Councils to deliver appropriate trainings, mentoring and other assistance for the LIG members.
(vii) Develop the procedures for the screening and approval/rejection of applications for loans from the GRF.
(viii) Procedures for monitoring the use and repayment of the loan.
(ix) Strengthening the internal control mechanisms for the LIGs.
4. NCDDS now invites Firms/NGOs having experience in developing and delivering of standard management training and technical skill mentoring package or in similar activities to the Livelihood Improvement Groups in Cambodia to submit an expression of interest to provide these services.
5. The key exerts required are as follows:
(i) Assignment Manager: must have a bachelor degree or higher decree in related fields. At least ten years relevant experience in the management and implementation of participatory development project. Ability to coordinate teams and ensure timely reporting. Previous experience of working in Cambodia in rural areas. Excellent report writing skills.
(ii) Provincial Deputy Assignment Managers (4 positions): must have a bachelor decree or equivalent decree in related field.
At least five years of experience in implementation of participatory development project. Good field reporting skills.
(iii) Field staff:must have an associate decree or high school certificate in a relevant subject and at least two years’ work experience in participatory development.
6. Interested Firms/NGOs must provide updated information indicating that they possess the required qualifications, including their current programs and funding sources. The total length of the Expression of Interest should be detail as much as possible regarding similar experiences to allow a better judgment by the NCDDS.
7. The Consulting Firms/NGOs will be selected under Quality and Cost Base Selection (QCBS) with the weight ratio of 90:10 as described in ADB’s procurement guideline for consulting service. Description of the services to be provided and the required qualifications are included in the Terms of Reference. These are available from the NCDDS/TSSD and from the address below.
8. Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below by August 12th, 2013 at 16.00 hours (Phnom Penh time).
Attention: Mr. Nop Novy, Project Coordinator
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction and Smallholder Development Project (TSSD)
Building T Ground Floor
Ministry of Interior
Preah Norodom Blvd, Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone/Fax: 023 727 573