Kingdom of Cambodia
Nation Religion King
Ministry of Interior (MoI)
National Committee for Sub-National
Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Land Allocation for Social and Economic Development (LASED) Project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS
Two Provincial Finance Consultants (one will be based in Kratie Province and one will be based in Kampong Thom Province)
Duration of the service is twelve months
The Royal Government of Cambodia through Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) Credit No. 4441-KH and IDA Grant No.H386 – KH, toward the cost of Land Allocation for Social and Economic Development (LASED) Project, which implemented by the Secretariat of NCDD and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payment under the contract for the services of Provincial Finance Consultants (PFC) (one for Kratie Province and one for Kampong Thom Province).
1. Each full-time PFC will work closely with the FU Finance Officer who is responsible for assisting the CommuneCouncil meet the investment and procurement needs of the LASED Project site. In this context, the Financial Consultant will assist the FU Financial Officer to fulfill all aspects of project accounting and financial reporting including maintaining proper books of accounts on the computerized accounting system, and ensuring the reimbursement requests are reviewed and processed on a timely basis for eligible expenditures, timely submission of withdrawal application for replenishment from the World Bank, safeguard of Project’s assets, facilitate both internal and external audits of the Project at the sub-national level. The PFC will also assist and review all aspects of project accounting and financial reporting including maintaining proper books of accounts on the computerized accounting system at LASED Kampong Cham when required.
2. Qualifications and Experience Required:
A successful applicant for each province must have the following qualifications:
· A relevant university degree and/or combination of appropriate experience in financial management and accounting.
· At least 3 years of work experience in financial management issues (preferable with donors funded projects, WB, ADB, or UN Agency).
· Knowledge of EXCEL, Peachtree, word processing, and willingness to learn computerized accounting system.
· Ability to work independently and provide training
· Demonstrated ability to consult and work cooperatively with others.
· Good communication skills, written and spoken, in Khmer and English
3. The LASED – NCDDS now invites Expression of Interests from eligible and qualified national applicants. Interested individuals are requested to submit their CVs and information on their qualifications and experiences and to demonstrate how they are qualified to provide the required services along with the name of three (3) referees with contact information. Description of the services and required qualification are included in the Terms of Reference. These are available from NCDD Website: www.ncdd.gov.kh.
4. Expression of Interests must be submitted in hard or soft copy with current photograph to the address below by 17:00Hrs, Cambodia time on or before MAY 31st, 2013. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for contract negotiation.
Ministry of Interior (MOI)
Secretariat of NCDD (NCDDS)
LASED Office, Building T, Ground Floor, Room 6G
# 275, Norodom Boulevard, Sangkat Toole Bassac, Khan Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia